Best Air Hockey Table – How To Choose Your Best Air Hockey Table In 2017 Market
The table lurking at the corner of your recreation room is not just a collection piece that you had recently acquired. With its cost running a few hundred dollars, you have put in much effort to make sure that that table would serve the purpose for which it was bought in the first place. But would there be something that you could benefit out of an air hockey table? And how would you have distinguished it from the other tables of its kind for you to pay that hefty price?
Considering that most air hockey players do not play on the professional level, it would be a challenge to find the best air hockey table that would fit your needs. Of course, there would be those who would prefer no less than the Pro Elite Air Hockey Table, with its frictionless top and aluminum rails. But why all the fuss about an air hockey table? Is it worth the effort to look for a good working one?
Benefits of Playing Air Hockey
Well, aside from the convenience of having to stay indoors to get the sheer enjoyment of beating your friend in a table match, there are other benefits that indoor table game enthusiasts never realize they get. For one, some people subconsciously get into the sport to take out the stresses that they have. You cannot deny the fact that after a game, even with the fatigue that you feel, you are more relaxed, a bit happier in a way, and raring to do other things after just a short period of rest. This feeling may be because, in the game, you become more focused, making decisions fast so that you feel good about yourself. Whatever frustrations or anger you have pent up in you have been replaced by the excitement that the game gives.
What's more, with the sustained pace of the game, your heart is “exercised” by giving it a good cardiovascular workout as you work out a sweat in the same manner as when you do regular running.
The following discusses the five best air hockey tables used by most air hockey enthusiasts. Find out what table fits your style and work your way to a healthier and more livelier you.
Top 5 Best Air Hockey Table In 2017
Home Pro Elite Air Hockey Table
This standard air hockey table was designed by air hockey champion Mark Robbins. It has a centerline and a face-off circle for use in competitive play. The solid, low-profile rails are made of aluminum. It is equipped with electronic scoring and has a sound option for the added pizzazz. The high-grade wear-resistant laminate top will assure you of long years of use.
Product Dimensions: 44.8 x 84.8 x 30.5 inches ; 450 pounds
- The solid, low-profile aluminum rails will provide you with a divine bounce that will pump your adrenaline as you progress through your game.
- You get to develop skills like the pros as you practice the same style and hits that they do on the same table style they play on.
- You save in the long run, assured that you will be playing on your table for years-on-end owing to its quality build.
- The noise from the fan is loud and resonates the sound under the table; if possible, place the table on top of a rug or something that will absorb the sound.
- Same goes through from the sound coming from the play: thus it is advisable to put the table far from the bedroom or where there is a television.
Harvil Tabletop Air Hockey Table
This lightweight tabletop air hockey table is made of medium density fireboard (MDF) and has a white covered play area for smooth action. The tabletop stands on sturdy laminated MDF legs which are painted at the bottom.
The package includes a blue side-manual scorer (runs on a CUL-certified AC 12-volt motor), two goals, two strikers, two pucks and a transformer. Tabletop is easy to assemble and comes with everything needed to have it assembled.
This air hockey tabletop may be used by children or adults as is (on the floor) or mounted on top of a table. Table Dimensions: 40 L x 19.63 W x 8 H inches; Play area: 38.88 L x 18.88 W x 0.13 H inches; Panels: 3.88 L x 0.47 W; Weight: 12.77 pounds.
- This air hockey tabletop is lightweight and easy to store.
- The tabletop is easy to assemble and comes with all the materials needed for assemblyIts mini size enables it to be transported where it is needed, indoors or outdoors, on the floor or mounted on top of a table.
- The tabletop provides instant fun and enjoyment without necessarily being heavy in the pocket.
- Care must be taken not to damage the table and its legs as the MDF material it is made of containing urea formaldehyde which may be irritating to the eyes and lungs.
Harvil 5 Foot Air Hockey Table with Electronic Scoring
This table is a stand-alone air hockey table made of CARB-certified MDF. The play area is PVC laminated. The table stands on sturdy L-shaped MDF wood legs and has adjustable leg levelers. The table has leg and side panels with colored graphics for aesthetic appeal.
The assembly includes two 12V CUL-certified electric blowers and likewise an electric scoring apparatus, two orange pucks with matching orange pushers.
Table Dimensions: 60 L x 26 W x 31 H inches. Playing Surface Dimensions: 53.75 L x 23.5 W inches. Weight: 44 pounds.
- MDF material used is CARB-certified to ensure that material meets the allowed amount (or lower) quantity of additives.
- Its contemporary style makes it blend into any modern room, so it does not “stick out.”
- Built-in electronic blowers allow for a smooth play.
- Although tabletop is made of CARB certified MDF wood, legs are not so extra care should be taken to avoid contact especially if chipped or broken.
Playcraft Sport 40-Inch Table Top Air Hockey
This 40-inch tabletop air hockey is divine for use by kids. It is made with sturdy MDF hardwood frame and would sit well on any table. It has a UL-approved, 100 cfm air-powered motor, and has an ABS puck catcher to allow for quick puck return. Play area dimensions: 40 x 8 x 20 inches (W x H x D).
- This air hockey table is small enough for easy storage yet big enough for kids to keep a decent air hockey game.
- A good-sized air hockey table for those who enjoy the game but are met with space challenges.
- Table stays in place atop another table while kids enjoy with each and every play.
- Tabletop height is good enough for small children to reach out and play.
- The table is wonderfully priced considering the fun and excitement kids get when playing on it.
- The round edges by the goals are a great touch.
- The table had quality issues: there were reports of incorrectly installed fans so that the air goes under the table instead of up through the holes.
- Some orders that came were in boxes that seem to have been previously returned.
Viper Vancouver 7.5-Foot Air Hockey Game Table
This 7.5 ft. air hockey table is a blast with an air flow of 110 cu. ft/minute to provide as many pucks as you would want in your game. It has 5-inch floor levelers to make sure that you get an even, steady playing field. It has a smooth, white playing surface with graphics designed to look like an ice hockey rink.
The table has a dual puck end for convenience. The electronic scorer is triangular in shape, providing both players their view of the scores and a timer that can count down for as many time options as the player wants. Three is some assembly required.
Dimensions: 89-1/2" L x 50" W x 32" H.
- For the price, this air hockey table provides kid and adult users good enough play: there appeared some scuffs on the surface, but other features make up for this as the excellent air flow which gives the pucks a good glide.
- Although it said some assembly is needed, it is not easy as instructions were not clear. The manufacturer, having acknowledged receiving complaints about the instructions that go with the table, should have addressed the issue because otherwise, the product would have been acceptable and be free from negative comments.
- The “aluminum” rails are not as advertised. It seems to have more of plastic content and with the beating from users did not hold up well as it got nicks and dents.
Who's Got the Upper Hand?
Of course, for those seriously into the sport, nothing beats having the Home Pro Elite Air Hockey Table by Gold Standard Games. It spells quality, durability, and beauty, all rolled into one. Of course, there is the hefty price tag attached to it, but this cannot compare to the thrill of having to experience how it is the pros do play, more if you go into competition.
But this doesn't mean that the other tables are not worth the second look. Even for the smaller sized ones, quality and durability also play a significant role in the choice, and of course, the sense of fun one gets out of playing the table. A small size of the table doesn't necessarily diminish its value.
After all, playing the sport, aside from destressing you, helps you build up a good workout in the safe confines of your house. And it is for these reasons (aside from the price, the manageable size and the ease of maintenance/storage) that the Harvil Tabletop Air Hockey Table by Harvil. As a tabletop, it will never pose a permanent area problem, may be stored when not in use, and may easily be transported for use outside or somewhere else. Having fun doesn't necessarily have to be expensive. See your kids play with each other, or better yet, share the fun with your children as they learn a trick or two from you!